Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Fancy Frame

Probably about 5 years ago, I bought these 2 cute wooden craft frames. I was doing some designing for Pebbles, Inc. then and used one of the frames for a project. The other frame got lost somewhere in my my scraproom only to resurface yesterday. Well, I took it as a sign and decided to do something fun with it...a little change of pace from the old 12x12 routine.

I gathered some of my favorite things....beads, wire, felt, floss, and chipboard and went to town. Here is what I came up with:

What a fun frame project this turned out to be. I am actually going to head out to Michaels to see if I can find more frames to work with. I had such a great time adding all of the goodies to this frame. Here are some pictures of the details:



This is going to be a gift to the one little girl in the picture. I really hate to part with it, but I just know she will love it!

I am really enjoying all of the Disney tips that everyone is leaving in their comments. I am printing all of your e-mails and comments to take along with me. I so appreciate all of your help. If you happen to have any tips for Disney, please leave a comment here. I will include your name in the drawing for the scrap goodie RAK!

Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful frame. I made one last night as well. I made one quite a while ago for a gift and now it is all my kids will allow me to do for their friends. I only wish mine looked like yours.
    The recipient will love it for years to come.
    Have a great trip and my only advise is to take a few mister bottles. They look like squirt bottles with a fan on the end. They truly help you stay cool.
    Love and God bless,
    Shaun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out DARLING Denine - love all of it! Funny thing is, I have the same frame in my office waiting to be decorated. I think you have motivated me. So cute! Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Beautiful FUN frame! LOVE the lettering on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made me want to get a frame so I can decorate it! This is seriously so cute. The little girl will love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rocks! I love all of the details and creativity! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I love the detail in the flowers and butterflies...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome frame Denine! I have several of those, too, that have been waiting to be altered, thanks for the inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS FRAME!! I love it!
    Oh, and hope you don't mind, but I linked your blog on mine, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  9. GET OUT *SHOVE* You made those embellies? Dang, you are GOOD girl! I'm totally impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful frame!! She will love it!! Love the beads on the flowers. You totally rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so need to make some flowers now! LOVE THOSE . . adding you to my blog list too . . your work is very inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i don't have any disney tips, really, but your frame is really stinkin cute chick! Those flowers' stems and leaves are just wonky-wonderful!

    ReplyDelete